It starts with a belief that anything is possible. With that mindset, we focus on individual potential, recognizing and supporting the experiences, skills and opportunities that build better futures. We open life-changing pathways through our breadth of research, scholarship, creative activities and an environment centered on learning. This is a destination for those seeking a community where growth is nurtured. Where the future is what we make it.
- Opportunities to grow and explore paths that can make a difference in the world.
- One student at a time: We focus on the potential of each individual from day one through graduation, positioning students for future success.
- Innovative approach to teaching practices and performance, course design and student learning and assessment.
- An environment where collaboration, creativity and diversity thrive.
- We make life better for everyone by solving problems through research and innovation, advancing technology and finding new ways to make people, healthier, safer and successful.
- Learning, mentoring and networking opportunities abound on campus and in the vibrant region that surrounds us.
- Getting involved and helping across the state and around the world through experiential learning opportunities provides important lessons and some of life’s most meaningful activity.
- The connections made here last a lifetime.
Guiding Priorities this theme advances:
Advancing Student success, Building a Collaborative and Innovative Campus, Enriching Campus Diversity and Inclusion, Promoting Innovation in Teaching and Learning, Reaffirming our Land Grant and Flagship Responsibilities, Strengthening Graduate Education, Enhancing our Research and Discovery Mission, Investing in Faculty Excellence
Audiences for this theme:
Prospective Students, Students, Alumni, faculty and staff, Peers in higher education, State leaders.
Some types of stories that fit this theme:
- Student success – awards, internships
- Student research (undergraduate and graduate)
- Multi-disciplinary studies and collaboration
- Access to higher education for Arkansans – scholarships and support
- Service learning/Study abroad
- Proximity to Fortune-500 company leaders in the classroom and in the community
- Mentoring/one student at a time, innovative teaching and learning
- Campus and community involvement
- Lifelong connections, diversity, broadening experiences
- Job placement
Examples of some words and phrases that convey this theme:
Transformational, opportunity, growth, learning, experiential learning, experiences, one student at a time, broadening, expanding horizons, potential, job skills, future, learning new skills, job placement, service learning.
Photos that show student experiences such as one-on-one with faculty, hands-on research, diverse groups of students on campus, study abroad, internships, visiting lecturers/national leaders